It’s been six weeks since I started at Slimming World and so far I have lost eight and a half pounds. Not brilliant, but OK considering I had a holiday in Yorkshire where wine and cake was consumed!
The strategies that are working for me so far are:
- Drinking on one day a week only
- No snacking at all
- No food between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- lots of exercise: swimming, cycling, running, walking, yoga
- Having Old Jamaica sugar free ginger beer instead of alcohol
- Eating more green veg than I ever thought possible
I could do better if:
- I cut out the bread I am having for lunch as laziness has overtaken me when it comes to preparing soups, plus nothing feels like lunch except bread.
- I made more SW recipes instead of just adapting my normal day to day menu plan
- Stopped eating lunch out and made more of an effort to prepare food to take with me on the go.
I’m still learning what works, but have to say I’m finding it much easier to order a black coffee when I’m out and not look at cakes. I do feel my social life is slightly impeded but I guess it’s all in a good cause and I want to be healthier and happier after all!