This was our first time back to Corfu in about ten years and nothing much seems to have changed. In some ways this is delightful: countryside, wildflowers, seaside tavernas, fresh fish, and in others frustrating : the airport (let’s not go there), sanitation in general – we only ask for locks on the doors and to be able to flush the paper. However, we had a fabulous week at the newly refurbished Nissaki Beach which we booked for a steal as it had literally just opened, and to be honest wasn’t quite finished. Every day some new furniture or fittings would arrive, and it was obvious that our bathroom had been finished as a bit of a rush job as there were no tiles and the shower didn’t work. Still, no matter, these are the best bits!
- The view from the relaxation areas was fantastic: right on the beach
- Lovely restaurants for lunch and dinner (including breakfast outside on the terrace)
- Sparkling white décor with a hint of Marrakesh
- Wonderful Greek food
- Peace and quiet (it’s adult only)
- Secluded (lots of walks along the coast path)
- Across the bay from Corfu Town so cruise ships passing by daily
- Plenty of shady spots to read
If we get the chance we will go back again.