Week two, another pound down (six pounds in total) so I’m very pleased, especially considering this fortnight has included a hen party and a wedding, with two indulgent overnight hotel stays.
I’m not going to say I’ve been cheating, but I have obviously adapted the KSFL plan to my lifestyle and going forward this is how I want my weight loss plan to continue:
- I’m loving the variety of vegetables I’m eating and this is a keeper.
- I aim to try a new vegetable dish each week.
- Cooking from scratch? Love it.
- Sugar – well, I’m not giving up honey, but happy to say goodbye to processed sugars.
- Potatoes? Don’t miss ’em.
- Bread? Surprisingly not missed it.
- Porridge, seeds and nuts – no way am I cutting these out. I love them.
- Dairy. A bit of a compromise here. The only milk I want is with my morning (decaff) PG Tips – happy for all other drinks to be milk free. Don’t miss cheese or cream.
- Chocolate? Green and Black’s 85% will appear on my menu.
- Alcohol? A couple of drinks a week as per usual will feature. White or red wine and the occasional cognac.
- Puddings, cakes, biscuits? Haven’t missed them.
- Fruit – in week two, craving sweetness I’ve eaten strawberries and blueberries. Fruit is coming back on the menu.
- Holland & Barrett is my new friend – finding lots of foodie things there to experiment with.
- Fish is appearing much more frequently on the menu.
- I’m reading lots of clean eating blogs for inspiration.
I accept that this will slow my weight loss, but I’m actually now only two pounds away from being in the ‘normal’ weight category for my height. As for exercise, I’ll continue with yoga, Zumba, Pilates, swimming and walking, but running and HIIT has to go as I’ve had to come to terms with my heart related limitations. Palpitations and strenuous exercise don’t mix.
Let’s see what next week brings!