So today, I started the ‘food’ part of the Kick Start Fat Loss programme at Bodywork Pilates in Chester. This is a clean eating programme which eliminates processed foods, wheat, dairy, caffeine, sugar and alcohol. Sounds a bit extreme when you say it out loud and only time will tell if I can actually do it, but some foods will be more difficult to kick than others.
- Cooking from scratch – easy. I do this anyway.
- Wheat – I love bread, so anticipate this will be a challenge. Not bothered about pasta, pizza and all that stuff.
- Dairy – no milk, not an issue, but I use butter to flavour meals, so will need to find alternatives.
- Caffeine – not a problem seeing as I ditched it a couple of years ago to help minimise palpitations.
- Alcohol – I was only having a couple of glasses of wine a week, so no loss.
- Sugar – the hardest ask for me. Love honey in particular and expect I will crave good quality chocolate.
My ‘go to’ comfort foods are porridge with banana, seeds and honey, thickly buttered bread, rice cakes with almond butter and Green & Black’s chocolate. I won’t be giving these up forever, but I do need a kick start so they have to go for now.
I started the exercise part yesterday and found it OK, so anticipating that I will be able to keep it up in addition to my weekly swim, zumba and yoga classes.
So, here’s what I ate for lunch and dinner today.
Sirloin steak with roasted aubergine, tomatoes, peppers and asparagus.
Lunch was asparagus and omelette.
It’s now 8:30 and am I hungry? Yes. But I’m not sure if it’s real hunger or a craving for something sweet. Oh well, you can’t blog and eat at the same time!
Wish me luck guys!