In these days of one piece of hand luggage only, I found it quite a challenge to squeeze in everything I needed for a four day hop across the channel to Jersey on Easyjet. I thought I’d share what I packed.. Some are samples which are perfect for travel and others are firm favourites.
- Clinique Super City Block 40 SPF. My daily summer moisturiser which I always take on holiday.
- L’occitaine Ultra Gentle Moisturiser sample for bedtime
- Molton Brown Replenishing Hand Cream sample
- Rimmel Scandaleyes XTreme mascara full size
- Barbara Daly full size solid foundation compact. Ideal for travel.
- NO 7 lipstick in Bewitched. Goes with everything.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo gold eyeshadow. Nice and compact, can wear a little or a lot to suit the occasion.
- Sanctuary Spa Smooth Body Lotion travel size
- Liz Earle Naturally Active Cleanse and Polish travel size plus a flannel.
- Max Factor Mastertouch undereye concealer full size
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer sample
- Bourjois blusher full size. Has a handy little brush..
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. This is a handbag size hand treatment but I’ll use it for my poor sightseeing feet.
- John Frieda shampoo and conditioner samples
For my wardrobe I picked a navy, blue and white colour theme to make it easy to mix and match. Evening outfits: pink and grey.
- Navy cashmere sweater
- Selection of blue, white and grey tops
- Trainers for sightseeing
- Blue jeans
- Blue down jacket from Uniqlo which squashes down to nothing
- Two evening dresses, one from M&S, one from Monsoon
- One pair black of Carvela heels which go with both dresses
- Black skinny jeans for travelling and for the other two evenings
- Black patent leather boots for travel and nights out
- Black patent handbag which goes with everything
- A pale pink Monsoon wrap which works with both dresses and for travel.
Everything fitted in one carry on bag and left room for some extra purchases of course!
I’ll post an update on the holiday soon!